Abstract submission is open until 1 February 2023, 11:59 PM CET.
For the instructions on how to submit your abstract
The FEMS2023 Programme Committee and Workshop Chairs will select abstracts for poster and oral presentations in the main topics and oral presentations in workshops. You can explore these on our programme page.
GENERAL ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
A. General conditions
- Abstracts for late breaking abstract submission must be submitted before 1 February 2023 (23:59 CEST)
- Accepted abstracts will be published on the congress website and in the congress app.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the FEMS2023 Congress Secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
- By submitting an abstract you agree to the FEMS Abstract Requirements.
B. Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register as an active participant at the congress at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- The FEMS2023 Congress Secretariat reserves the right to exclude any abstract that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification of acceptance.
C. Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is max. 250 words per abstract.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. No full stop at the end.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- The abstract must include the following: Background, Objectives, Methods and Results.
D. Reviewing and notification
- The FEMS Congress is happy to offer the possibility to participants to win a Congress Attendance Grant or the FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell Award. Grant/Award application is part of the Abstract Application procedure via the abstract submission form.
- The FEMS2023 Programme Committee will review the abstract.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to the submitting authors by early April 2023.
- It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals. The FEMS2023 Programme Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
- Please check that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
- To receive a confirmation email after you have submitted your abstract, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
- For all enquiries regarding abstracts and speakers, please contact the FEMS2023 Congress Secretariat at email@example.com.