Congress Attendance Grant
FEMS provides grants for European and non-European Early Career Scientists to support their attendance at the Congress of European Microbiologists, 9 - 13 July 2023, Hamburg, Germany.
Each grant provides a waiver of the registration fee and complimentary accommodation for the period of the conference.
Grant application opens fall 2022.
Applicants for a FEMS Conference Grant should:
- be an early career scientist and thus should either have obtained highest academic degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) less than five years prior the application deadline, or be a PhD student*
- be an active microbiologist
- be the first author of an accepted abstract for the FEMS Conference on Microbiology 2022
- attend the FEMS Conference on Microbiology 2022 and be a registered participant
*periods of maternity/paternity leave, special leave or illness do not count toward this definition
The summary above outlines the information on eligibility, please consult the Grants Regulations before submitting your application.
FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell Award
The FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell Award supports the reciprocal exchange of one member from each organization to present his/her research at the other organization’s main conference. It has been designed to benefit early career scientists from both organizations by giving them the opportunity to present their work overseas and experience the best of microbiology in the partner country.
ASM will select the member attending the biannual FEMS Congress and FEMS will select the member attending the ASM General Meeting occurring in intermittent years when no FEMS Congress is held.
These awards are to support travel and living costs of the grantee only.
ASM will select the member attending the FEMS Congress occurring in 2023.
Application opens in fall 2022.
Applicants for the award should:
- be microbiologists active in research and be current PhD (or equivalent) student or recipient of PhD within the past five years
- be members of ASM
- be the first author of an accepted abstract for FEMS2023
- attend FEMS2023 and be a registered participant